This section contains my points of view regarding key issues and question regarding long term value growth and preservation. The following is an overall framework, into which my point-of-view fit. The framework will be gradually populated over time, as well as revised.
- The core objective is long term business value growth and preservation. I do not examine governments, non-profits or charities.
- What is value varies, depending upon the type of company and its ownership (e.g. founder owned start-up vs private equity owned medium business vs large public company).
- Why do companies fail?
- Customers drive value creation – if customers do not perceive that products and services are unique or different, the business suffers.
- What is governance and how does it drive value growth and enable value preservation?
- What are major decisions and actions which enable value growth e.g. transformation, acquisition, etc?
- What are some specific principles underlying value growth e.g. understanding the difference between strategy and tactics?
Each point of view is a single PDF slide, which you can download.