Long-term value growth and preservation demands a competitively differentiated talent driven board and C-suite.
This section contains my points-of-view about key issues and questions regarding long-term value growth and preservation in a for-profit business. I do not address not-for-profits, government, or other non-profit oriented organizations.
Each point-of-view is a brief article (supported by a one-page slide available for download) designed to enable discussion among owners/shareholders, board of directors, advisory boards, and C-Suite. I have no magic “one size fits all” solution.
The following is an overall framework, into which my points-of-view fit. Points-of-view will be added and revised over time. Recognize my thinking evolves over time, thus all the points-of-view may not seamlessly fit together.
The points-of-view flow from beginning to end, based on 7 themes:
- Avoiding business failure.
- Strategy and strategic planning.
- Understanding customers.
- Corporate governance – who make the decisions?
- Transformation – what is it, do you need to do it, it and how to do you do it?
- Creating business value e.g. Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Buying or selling your company, or raising capital.
As I create new points-of-view or revise old ones, I am:
- Including fact-based research and stating the sources for the facts.
- Defining some of the terms I use. Definitions are critical. Feel free to use your own definitions.
- Adding a section suggesting your next steps.
- Including references to publications for further reading.