Long-term value growth and preservation demands a competitively differentiated talent driven board and C-suite. A Strategic Advisor can challenge your thinking, guide you through a decision-making process, and help you resolve issues.
- You have a critical decision or issue that significantly impacts your company’s long-term value growth or value preservation. You may be unclear as to the core problem, which questions to ask, and what the solution could be.
- You are a leader (CEO, owner, board director, etc.).
- You are accountable for the results and require deep understanding, because you are the one who must present and explain your proposed actions.
- You will personally devote significant time to your issue.
- The decision or issue is new to you and your company or you have unsuccessfully addressed this in the past.
- You need someone to help you and your team think through what to do. You will meet with your advisor frequently, sometimes daily.
- You may need help selecting traditional consultants and in co-ordinating their actions.
- You may need coaching and mentoring.
Tom Koor is a Strategic Advisor, helping leaders think through and implement the company-wide changes needed to address critical issues with long term-value growth and preservation. Click here to contact Tom.
You need a traditional consultant if:
- You are clear on what the problem is.
- You can delegate to others the preparation of recommendations for your review.
- You need an industry expert to tell you what others in the industry are doing or have been doing.
- You need a functional expert due to gaps with internal functional knowledge e.g. cybersecurity
- You need someone who has done the same thing many times before e.g. install financial systems.
- You need outside people to help with large amounts of data collection and analysis.
- You will personally devote limited time to the issue.
- You do not need coaching and mentoring.