What is the purpose of this article?
Outline a list of questions to help discuss what the purpose of company values are and what should be the values.
You can download a PDF of this article from:
What are values?
Values are the rules by which people make decisions about what they should or should not do.
Values, morals, and ethics https://koorandassociates.org/values-morals-and-ethics/
Questions to consider
- How do the board of directors, C-Suite, and every employee use your company values to guide decision making and behaviour?
- How do your company values compare to the U.S. army values? https://koorandassociates.org/further-reading/values-u-s-army/
- How do your stakeholders (e.g. employees, customers, suppliers, partners, community and society) perceive your company values?
- How do your company values impact employee hiring and retention?
- How do your company values impact customer recommendations any buying actions?
Your next steps
- Survey your stakeholders to see how they perceive your company values. Determine the actions and behaviours which result in those stakeholder perceptions.
- Compare the stakeholder perceptions to the documented values.
- What are the gaps?
- What are the implications of the gaps?
- What is the impact of addressing some or all of the gaps?
Why are values, morals, and ethics important? https://koorandassociates.org/values-morals-and-ethics/why-are-values-morals-and-ethics-important/
How to assess director and CEO candidates regarding values, morals, and ethics https://koorandassociates.org/values-morals-and-ethics/how-to-assess-director-and-ceo-candidates-regarding-values-morals-and-ethics/